Monday, 7 December 2009

Damn you, Alan Bennett

Not that he's done anything wrong, of course, in fact I greatly admire him, but thar's the problem: the BBC is having an Alan Bennet week and I only just found out they were showing A Question Of Attribution. The scene between Sir Anthony Blunt and the Queen, with them discussing fakes and forgeries. This was after he was found out as a Soviet spy, but before he was publicly named.

Now it's got me wondering what happened to him after that. But if I try to find out, I know that in no time I'll be reading up on the other Cambridge spies. Also on the subject of spies, I hope I can find some work to do that allows me to listen to Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy on BBC iPlayer tomorrow, but it's been so hectic recently I'm not getting my hopes up. It was probably LeCarré who sewed the seeds of my fascination with spies.

If none of this makes any sense to you, blame it on the fact that it's half past midnight.

Oh well, I get to sleep in until all of seven AM tomorrow.

1 comment:

Willym said...

Okay now I wish we had BBC but its only part of a really expensive package!!!!!! Love Alan Bennett.