Saturday, 14 November 2009

woke up this morning...

...but not at 11.11. The first time I opened my eyes was around 8.30 AM, but although I turned on the TV, I fell back asleep and didn't get up until 12.15 PM. When I opened the blinds, still wearing pajamas, the first thing I saw was a Zwarte Piet walking by.

Zwarte Piet

Either I've missed it, or the racism debate seems to have died down. I hardly think kids are going to associate negative thoughts to the man that brings them presents and candy each year...

PS. I told you I turned on the TV. When I woke up the second time, Bear Grylls was peeing on some skis and then got naked to cross a stream.

3 comments:

Willym said...

I come from a country where political correctness has been raised to such a height that it is impossible to say Merry Christmas to a friend in case someone overhears it who does not observe Christmas. It is rather refreshing to see that Zwarte Piet is still alive and well.

Bear Grylls sounds likes like a guy I once knew in Northern Ontario.

SubtleKnife said...

Bear is an SAS survival expert. He was on some adventure in Alaska for Discovery channel and decided his skis needed more traction. After he peed on them, he turned them over in the snow so it froze onto them, creating a rough surface. So he did have an excuse, what was your friend's?

Willym said...

He was just a sicko!