Tuesday, 18 August 2009

Just a perfect day

Just when you thought it was all behind you, when that annoying colleague who acts like he's thirteen and is less suited for the job goes home so you can finally concentrate on your work without his inane prattle... that's when fate strikes.

I did get a little bit of work done, but it was getting pretty late, so I happily went home.

At the very moment I entered the station they started announcing a points- and signals failure. No trains going anywhere whatsoever. Because this is the main nexus for all rail travel in the country, all of The Netherlands should be a mess by now. This happens every time the temperature approaches 30 degrees Celcius (86 Fahrenheit) and metal parts expand at different speeds.

I knew there's a bus between home and work - I sometimes catch it for the one stop between home and the station. Today I'll get a taste of the other four million nine hundred ninetynine thousand nine hundred and ninetynine on this route.

So, if you're wondering where I am: I'm on a bus trying not to be sick and to ignore the pain in my foot.

No comments: