Saturday, 4 July 2009

Sleepy

Slightly drunk, at K's. He just dumped a mouse out the window. He caught it in a bread box, apparently. At least it won't be keeping me up tonight.

We went to the Fourth of July picnic at the American School of The Hague. I even had a cheeseburger made by marines. K asked several of them what they thought of Don't Ask, Don't Tell. The answer ranged from downright defensive to only slightly less defensive...

Ellen broke down again. I think there's something shaken loose around the starter engine, K thinks it could be the alarm system interfering with the electrics. The tow truck guy was kinda cool and K turned twelve again when he got to ride in the front. We got a Renault Clio whilst Ellen is going to be delivered to K's regular repair guy on Monday. Oh well...

UPDATE: there's more than one mouse.

3 comments:

Willym said...

My favorite marine line: you can screw me but you can't kiss me, I'm a man!

SubtleKnife said...

Here are some of their remarks: "...I'm not really against it, but what if you're in a warzone and he suddenly turns to you and says 'I love you'?"

"They're generally less agressive."

"You're not wearing a wire are you?"

Sunshine said...

There are several mouse yes, I spotted two, one fled into the toaster which I then just closed.

Get some darn poison or something way easier