Sunday, 19 July 2009

Famous first lines

Following countless other bloggers, I shall give you the exclusive opportunity to play my version of the first-lines-from-my-iPod game. You will get two weeks to name as many songs and artists as you can. Be warned: one of them is not actually a song!

The rules are simple: no skipping, no matter how obvious - or, more likely, embarrassing - the song is, except for artists that have already got a song in the list.

01. I'm just a floozy, an old-fashioned hussy
02. Come on, baby, let's get out of this town
03. Under my thumb, the girl who once had me down
04. Beat is getting stronger
05. Fat man sittin' on a little stool
06. Ain't no fun at the Government Hall
07. Here in the night love takes control
08. She's one of those girls who seems to come in the spring
09. You can sleep forever, but still you will be tired
10. Good evening. Tonight is indeed a unique moment in the history of television
11. Oh, love, get out of my head
12. If I could turn back time
13. I think I'm gonna be sad, I think it's today
14. Stuck here in the middle of nowhere
15. This is the best time if the day, the dawn, the final cleansing breath unsullied yet by acrid fume or death's cacophony, the rank refuse of unchained ambition
16. No, I would never step into your shoes
17. O holy night, the stars are brightly shining
18. Oh, Mama liked the roses
19. I was with you, you were alone
20. Think! (think!) Think! (think!) Think! (think!) Think! (think!) Think! (think!)

Good luck.

No comments: