Saturday, 6 June 2009

my first HIV test

Yes, I know, I should probably have been tested before, but my lack of love-life has always seemed to make it a rather pointless excercise. And I can't remember if I ever received blood during surgery, but if I did it was over 23 years ago, so anything untoward would have shown up.

Perhaps they did test me two years ago when I had rather extensive bloodworks done, I'm not sure. Considering neither I nor my doctor were informed, if they did, it was negative.

But a couple of weeks ago I went in to be considered as a blood donor and had to sign a form that I realised the blood would be tested, amongst other things, for HIV and if that particular test found something, I would be told.

Yesterday I received my first call-up to donate. Since I did nothing since the test to get infected I can, just this once say, that I am 100% sure I'm negative. Which is especially good because now I can give blood and help others.

3 comments:

Nine said...

There must be something in the air! We just went for one. Hopefully yours was as hassle-free as ours. We were in and out and had the results within an hour!

SubtleKnife said...

Oh, it was no problem. It was just a "side-effect" of signing up as a blood donor.

Stash said...

congratulations hun.

*hugz*