Monday, 18 May 2009

Daddy's girl

I blame my father.

You would think that, as the parent of an aspiring writer - serious literary novel writer, mind you - he could have had the consideration to be a catholic bishop (or at least a priest) or a fire-and-brimstone minister instead of a mild-mannered lab technician.

Mild-mannered lab technicians, like photographers and journalists of similar character, can aspire to be superheroes at best; they just don't spawn best selling authors, let alone critically acclaimed ones.

I was daddy's girl, I had a blissfull, wonderfully incident-free childhood and I still haven't forgiven him for it.

Happy birthday, Dad, I love you.

1 comment:

Willym said...

You'd think he'd have had more consideration and at least been a mass murderer! Happy Birthday to your Dad.