Wednesday, 29 April 2009

work

Somebody please tell me why I'm up at half past midnight waiting for the e-mail with the manual I spent all night updating to be sent to my work account?

Actually, I know why. There's a roster for this sort of thing, keeping manuals up-to-date, but we have to discuss the time we need with our team leader beforehand. And I know that (1) I'm not going to get half a day to do it and (2) half a day at work wouldn't be enough because there would be too many interruptions, no matter how clear I made it I was not to be disturbed.

This feels like the old days when I edited two magazines, one monthly, the other roughly bi-weekly (it was a matchday magazine). Sometimes I worked until 2 AM, then got up again at 5 to do a bit more work before I went in to... work.

I'm not going to let that happen this time, though. Tomorrow night is the start of a four-day weekend for me.

4 comments:

Willym said...

All work and no play etc etc etc... so get the hell out there and play!

Stash said...

Something tells me you need a real vacation.

Maybe a weekend in Paris or the south of France?

Joe said...

I certainly do hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Aaron said...

You are doing it because you have developed an emotional obligation to the people you work with.