Sunday, 19 April 2009

I'm only glancing

I'm a glancer; I read the headlines on other people's newspapers, I try to find out - surreptitiously - what the stacks of photocopied papers, with or without graphs, are about, which books my fellow travellers are reading etc.

The only thing I do not do is read other people's writing.

However I'm not surprised that others are curious when they see me scribbling in my little notebook. Yes, it bothers me, but I try to cover up the more "sensitive" passages with my hands.

Sometimes I forget, though. Like yesterday, when a gentleman glanced at the notebook I first wrote this little story in while we were both getting off a train and the first words he must have read were "whilst trying to enter a public convenience".

5 comments:

Willym said...

well at least it didn't begin: While having sex in a public convenience....

SubtleKnife said...

That came further down the page... ;-)

Willym said...

why am I not surprised?

SubtleKnife said...

Because I've let far too much of my filthy mind slip onto this blog?

more cowbell said...

I'm actually a fan of the whole filthy mind - blog combination. Particularly when employed with wit and humor.