Wednesday, 18 March 2009

old world, new world

I took a nap on the sofa in front of the TV after getting home from work. When I woke up, not completely awake yet, there was a New Zealand dog agility competition show just starting. The presenter welcomed the viewers to [something] house, which was almost 150 years old!

Woken up some more, I made myself some sandwiches and a cup of coffee in lieu of dinner, while the TV was on that ubiquitous BBC program Escape to the country. A couple was looking for a house in Truro, which was founded in the 12th century. The cathedral, however, the voiceover told us, is only a little over a hundred years old...

I myself have moved to a slightly younger city, because Gouda received city rights a few decades after Delft (both in the 13th century).

No comments: