Tuesday, 13 January 2009

The Times of Harvey Milk

Some time ago I decided that before I saw the movie Milk - if I ever do - I would watch the documentary The Times of Harvey Milk.

I found it and then I let it sit there for weeks. Not because it was difficult to find the time, but to be in the right frame of mind to watch it. I understood there would be tears whilst I watched, but it was the way I came out of it that worried me. Knowing that such powerful emotion can seriously upset the equilibrium I have built for myself, I try to schedule the ones that I can schedule for the least harmful times.

But now that I've seen and all that remains is a slight residual burning feeling in my eyes it I must confess I feel... strangely calm.

1 comment:

sageweb said...

I've have seen both the movie and the documentary...They are both great.