Saturday, 10 January 2009

picture blogging

In which SK shows support for one of her favourite bloggers, shows off her - dubious - cooking skills, misleads a bunch of ducks and shows off her camel toe(s)...

First off, here's Miss Shelley looking imperious. If you haven't heard by now, the human she keeps, Joe.My.God, is up for Best LGBT Blog in the 2008 Weblog Awards:

Vote for Joe!

Then there's the "goop" I cooked up a few weeks ago that turned out surprisingly good. I had some leftover rice, which I fried, adding some whisked egg. Then I added a jar of reduced chicken stock, which also contained some chicken meat, and reduced it down further. I wish I had a few things to make it look better, but most in the end that doesn't matter... Taste exlosion!

Delish!

Walking back home from the station just now I noticed all the ducks - and a pair of swans - in the area had congregated in the section of the canal in front of my house (which is on the right, just beyond the triangular road sign). Unfortunately they all thought I was getting out some food for them, when instead it was just my cameraphone. I'm thinking about baking bread tonight just so I can feed some of it to them tomorrow. The ice starts directly beyond the second group of ducks in the distance. I haven't uploaded the huge original in which you can just make out a couple of people on the ice in the background.

I came back from Amsterdam this afternoon, changing trains in Utrecht, and on that second stretch in particular I saw several spots where people were having fun on the ice. It's been a while since we've had open water freeze over (we've had enough frost to be able to skate on specially flooded fields a few times) enough to really skate on it. I think the last time I spent any significant time on the ice was when I was perhaps in my fourth year in high school and one of my colleagues said she thought there was another frost period about ten years after that. I'm not about to get my skates on (besides the fact that I don't know where they are - my best best would be my parents' lock-up a couple of hours' drive away, but they may have given them away long ago - I seriously cannot risk another big strain on my ankle after the tumble I took on November 25th, during our first cold snap of the season.)

Quack

And finally a bit of silliness that has kept my toes nice and cosy throughout all this cold weather:

I can see your camel toe!

I'm feeling very touchy feely, so lots of cyber hugs to everyone.

PS. just as I was typing that last sentence, Mom called. Guess my quiet night home alone is out the window...

4 comments:

Willym said...

You were MIA there for a while - big old touchy feely hug to welcome you back.

They're talking -3 here in Roma tomorrow but there is no climage change. Honest!

Love the slippers????? but how the hell do you dance in them?

SubtleKnife said...

With great difficulty, but I'm getting better at it. Also, it depends on the type of dance. Fortunately I'm not planning to audition for Lord of the Dance any time soon.

And yes, it's been pretty busy at work, so on those nights I wasn't partying - and there is a new couple of friends that are leading me even further astray than K already has - I've been too tired to write anything. At least anything coherent.

(For the sake of full disclosure I should add that one half of this couple is also inspiring me to start going to the gym again. I'll have the most fabulous *wink* gym buddy ever!)

sageweb said...

Here is a big HUG for you!! Those slippers look warm but scary.

SubtleKnife said...

It's okay, they don't spit.