Tuesday, 16 December 2008

the DARK side

mouse

So yes, I caved in and bought an iPod, okay? It's a classic, 120GB, my Christmas present to myself, his name is mouse and he's black charcoal. Right now he's quietly synchronising in the corner.

But that's not the real story. The real story is that I stood there in one of the major electronics store chains in the country and they wouldn't take my money. I say money, I mean my plastic: the cashier told me she couldn't accept my credit card if it wasn't signed. I had my passport at the ready, which of course does have my signature and is a legal means of identification.

After I told her "Well then I guess that's it then" I left without looking back and found it for the same price at another store.

4 comments:

sageweb said...

Oh you will love your mouse...

GB said...

So when are you coming to London for cocktales SubtleKnife? I'm sure we could both tell each other a few of those! I do occasionally visit the Netherlands, but sorry to say it's been a long time since I had an opportunity for an overnight stay.

GB xxx

more cowbell said...

oh you'll love it. I got one courtesy of a wonderful blogger friend who was upgrading, and was kind enough to send me his old one. I just finished loading my Christmas songs -- yes, I admit it, I have a ridiculously big collection of Christmas cds. I have appropriated my daughter's iPod docking speakers while she's home for xmas break, and holy jingle bells, I've got to get me one of these. I am not so much a headphones person, and this thing lets me hear any of my music, any time I want to. I bought the docking thingy for her birthday, but if I'd known how great it was, I'd have kept it, ha!

evilganome said...

As a former retail clerk, honestly no one should accept your credit card if it's not signed. Technically, it isn't valid unless it's been signed.

However, we would take someones card, we just made them hand over lots of ID first.