Friday, 28 November 2008

stacks

Yes, I am still around, don't get your hopes up!

Last night my parents visited without, for the first time, any plans for major construction (i.e. no electrical tools were used) so after my father dumped a few things they needed to store somewhere in my downstairs lockup, we just sat down on the sofa, had tea and talked about my TV. Even about some of what was on it, i.e. a five-minute discussion about who was in goal in which my Dad was talking about the Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper and Mom about the NEC goalie. To give them credit, they were both right.

So after they left I checked how little storage space I now have left for K's winter tyres (they're still in Sunshine's parents' garage; Sunshine and K broke up, so it wouldn't do to leave them there too long) and noticed the books Dad moved. They were among some of the ones I got from K and (through him) from Bob and Marian. (By the way, less than a year after Marian moved back to the US, the other namegiving partner in her lawfirm has also left, to become Minister for Integration for our Labour party.)

Perusing the stacks I picked out David Leavitt's While England Sleeps and Bob Spitz' Beatles biography. I enjoy discovering new books and with this library I'll never have to turn them back in...

2 comments:

evilganome said...

I wonder what it would be like to have storage space.

It sounds like you get storage and a free library. Sounds like a good deal to me.

SubtleKnife said...

Believe me, it's not that much. And anyway, the amount of stuff you'll want to put in there will always exceed available space.