Friday, 14 November 2008

moving

I've been a busy bee the last three days, moving box after box after box into my new apartment, even unpacking a few! The kitchen is practically done, but almost everything else is still sitting on the floors, including me.

Actually, right now I'm in my old home, waiting for my father to arrive with the van. Tomorrow morning(and perhaps tonight) we will load all the big furniture into that so that we can take it to my new place. Almost all the books are already in the cellar, waiting for my bookcases to be put up - the horizontal planks are there already, they're only 60 centimeter (2 feet) wide - and for me to sort them all out. It seems daunting...

Today my washing machine and TV were delivered (my parents had said from the start that I would get the former from them, but then a few days ago my Dad said - okay, Mom told me first, but I was sworn to secrecy - that I could have a 32" TV on them too). Unfortunately, they couldn't install the washer and I was just busy installing digital TV on my old set so I told them to put it down for the moment too. But it'll all work out.

I think I may have to get ready for the arrival of père Knife. 'Night all!

3 comments:

joe said...

Sounds great. There's something wonderfully exciting and refreshing about moving in, isn't there... despite the long, tiring hours of getting everything in its place.

It's the moving out part of the equation that's really not so fun. Enjoy your new home!

And I must admit, I'm starting to develop a real desire to make a move myself....

Willym said...

Sounds like things are going well - you'll be exhausted but its a place of your own.. and the you own.

Baci di Roma

more cowbell said...

pere Knife --- ha!