Thursday, 16 October 2008

live from Tivoli, tonight!

I'm at Tivoli in Utrecht waiting for artha Wainwright to start. The opening band are too bland. There's a smoker's lounge at the back and K's chatting. I'll let you know when there's more to say.

K and I both think we saw a bartender from Prik. Martha just started.

She's rocking! The crowd are noisy. "I gotta just interject... You can talk when the band's on, but for the solo's... I can't understand why you're talking." Then a large part of the audience told the others to SHUSH!

Encores Dis, Quand Reviendras-Tu and - with Brad on drums, Matt on Martha's guitar, the guitarist on bass and Sylvan on keyboard (Lily still doing backing vocals) - See Emily Play.

It was great to see all the old faces again. Now I'm waiting for her to sign my new copy of an EP I already own.

No comments: