Thursday, 2 October 2008

false modesty, false pride

When Joe.My.God. asked his Open Thread Thursday question this morning - "Do you have a "type"? If so, has it changed since you've gotten older?" - I replied, flippantly: "male humans ;-)"

Partly, because for fun and sex I don't really have a type, but partly the reason was that I get uncomfortable saying that for a relationship I want a man who is (almost) as intelligent as myself. Unfortunately that rules out about 99% of the population. He needs to have very broad interests, not pretend to listen to my latest favourite bit of trivia thinking he could be watching Survivor, but ready to counter with a (however tangentially) related story. He should have a reasonable understanding of the political climate of at least a handful of countries and a general idea about several others, international relations, history, economics and a few more subjects.

I'm not asking for much.


By the way, I'm still stupid in many ways, a high IQ does not prevent you from doing the dumbest things.

3 comments:

Sunshine said...

Ghee, not even K could satisfy you

SubtleKnife said...

He's okay when he's sober... :P

sageweb said...

It sounds like you really need a woman...hee hee