Sunday, 28 September 2008

would you pay 150 euros for this?

blogging

Recently I've noticed, on those blogs that carry ads (with my traffic it's just not worth it, also, who really wants ugly banners that mess up your lay-out or just look plain wrong?) announcements for something called BLOG08, which is set to be held in Amsterdam on October 24th.

rockstars

Blogging is no longer the domain of the geeky kid. With easy-to-use blog software, everybody can start their own publishing platform. Millions of people do so. Together these bloggers are changing the world, one post at a time. They are the rockstars of the web.

I must say, I like the graphics and the message, that's certainly something. And it's in Amsterdam, which is definitely more convenient than almost anywhere else, but that's not enough of a reason to be there. It may also have something to do with the fact that I don't know any of their speakers but one, and that's not as a blogger but as a newsreporter.

My problem is not that it's on a Friday (I could take the day off, I have plenty of days left), or that I could use some tips to "get an active community on (my) blog" - no offense, darlings, but I don't think you can call an average of 7 regular visitors a community - "boost traffic to (my) blog" and "how to write original content". My problem is this:

tickets

I'm just not spending that much money on a day of sitting around talking about blogging. For the same money I'll be staying a whole weekend at a EUU retreat the week after this event. I can discuss blogging at home for the cost of an internet connection, a cup of coffee and some sandwiches!

NOT attending



(Maybe I should be cheeky and send this post in as my "one rockin' post".)

3 comments:

sageweb said...

I wander what people talk about at those things?

sageweb said...

ha wonder. I always screw that word up.

SubtleKnife said...

I always mix those two up too.