Saturday, 20 September 2008

sleeping in, with some assistance

I slept so well last night, today I feel like a whole new person. I woke up around 9:30AM and decided to just roll over and go back to sleep, so by the time my father called to congratulate me on the final confirmation of my mortgage at 12:15PM I was still slumbering.

I have no problem going back to sleep or staying asleep, it's the falling asleep in the first time that's been giving me trouble for the last three weeks now. At one point I went right through the night without sleeping (on a Sunday night, so I had the whole working week to 'enjoy' the after-effects of that...)

I'm not a big fan of pharmaceutics - there's not a headache I don't think I can tough out and I waited 15 years before going on anti-depressants - but it is nice to have a walking pharmacy around when you really need something. So when I was at K.'s, I borrowed a couple of diazepam, one of which has delivered just what it's supposed to do last night.

And it's not like I'm doing it just for myself, tomorrow we'll be visiting the Kröller Müller Museum and I need to be rested for the drive.

3 comments:

sageweb said...

Something is the air...everywhere 3rd blog today I have read with sleep problems...

My cure
xanax and a shot of whiskey

SubtleKnife said...

I noticed that too. At first I thought I was just noticing them more because of my own trouble, but there is a lot of them out there...

headbang8 said...

Ditto here, SK. It's part of the territory with depression.

I try to be as moderate and disciplined as possible about life matters. You know, a regular schedule, early nights, exercise.

I would be careful of diazepam and other Mama's Little Helpers. They are highly addictive, and when you kick them, there's a rebound, so your rediscovered nerves wildly overshoot their old mark.