Saturday, 20 September 2008

Dread Pirate Flint

I know it's a day late, but like a true pirate I was out, yesterday - actually I didn't really do anything a true pirate would do: I went to work, visited K and watched Iron Man with Sunshine and K's sister (K was asleep when I arrived and fell asleep again soon after the movie started). In honour of Talk Like A Pirate Day, I found out my pirate name:

My pirate name is:

Dread Pirate Flint





Like the famous Dread Pirate Roberts, you have a keen head for how to make a profit. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!
Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network


And this is of course a good time to remember our good friends the Pastafarians. May you all be touched by His Noodly Appendage.

If you're interested in that sort of thing, there are links to several earlier editions on Language Log on pirates and specifically their language. Joe.My.God. and his commenters chip in with some truly cringeworthy pirate jokes (but as you know they're supposed to be, it's a tradition!)

And to top it all off here's a nice ditty that Hecate posted:

2 comments:

Pogonophile said...

With a hi hi ho and a hi hi hey. Arrr.

SubtleKnife said...

Those singers are quite close, aren't they? I guess being cooped up on a pirate ship will do that...