Sunday, 31 August 2008

fundamental christianity and emptiness

These people have empty, empty lives.

Someone at a UU pot luck dinner last Sunday told me her view, that the majority of fundamental christians are afraid of taking responsibility for their own lives and would rather hand it over to an authority figure who can tell them just what to believe, what to think and what to do to avoid that responsibility.

I think she may have had a point. Although I must add that I believe the drive to do this may be ingrained in many more than just fundamentalists.

1 comment:

Dreamer girl said...

It's so much easier to have some one do the work.Yet for me, Christianity is the hope that there is always a better tomorrow and that I can make a path of as much goodness as I can muster.

But, point taken.