Monday, 30 June 2008

the thrill of the chase

Recently I've slowly started to take more interest again in Rufus Wainwright's more recent work. For some reason I had been neglecting the gossip and the new songs for some time, so I have some catching up to do.

There is also the ever-expanding project of cataloguing all the songs, movies, interviews and other assorted Rufusian rarities I've collected over the years - plus the ones I have yet to get my hands on.

Suddenly I found myself on eBay, ordering promo single CDs and such like and praying for album versions with bonus tracks (I couldn't find any that I didn't have already - why aren't the ones I don't have out there?)

I've bought four so far and I'm waiting for the auction on a fifth to close. I can see how this stuff could be addictive. 37 minutes until I find out.

No comments: