Sunday, 25 May 2008

This is the Life

After having mentioned Duffy recently and I believe Amy Winehouse has made an appearence on this blog before, I feel I can't leave this lady out. Amy MacDonald is mostly known for the very catchy breakthrough hit This is the Life, but she has plenty of other great songs. Funny how I suddenly - after never showing much interest in female vocalists (with the exception of the wonderful Martha Wainwright of course) - am in love with the voices of these three women. I use my Precious in lieu of an iPod, and right now these three are all that is on there.

This is the Life


And you’re singing the songs
Thinking this is the life
And you wake up in the morning and your head feels twice the size
Where you gonna go? Where you gonna go?
Where you gonna sleep tonight?
And you’re singing the songs
Thinking this is the life
And you wake up in the morning and your head feels twice the size
Where you gonna go? Where you gonna go?
Where you gonna sleep tonight?
Where you gonna sleep tonight?

Run


Let's Start A Band


And this is a completely serendipitous find, exactly why I encourage everyone to surf YouTube, one of my favourite songs of all - and especially Christmas - time Fairytale of New York sung by Amy MacDonald and her bassist Jamie Sefton. The quality isn't great, but imagine how great it must've been to be in that crowd!

1 comment:

evilganome said...

Thanks for the heads up. We STILL can't get any of her recordings on this side of the Atlantic, but they are suppose to release one of her singles in June.