Thursday, 22 May 2008

the hunt is ON

His Ganomic Highness posted this video of Duffy - he calls her a 'new' artist although I believe she's been around since last year, but you know these Americans, they always think stuff only exists from the moment they discover it ;-)... Anyway, she is, of course great and highly recommended. This song is a cover that, as far as I know, has only been performed live and never been recorded for purposes of publishing.



There are, however, clever people who can rip the music off these things and I am hunting for a good version of these recordings...

4 comments:

Stash said...

This vid only serves to remind me how much a Rip Van Winkle I am....

evilganome said...

Alas, you guys get the good stuff first. They just released her album "Rockferry" last week here in the states. So, yes, to us, she's new. Now I'm all jealous because you've been getting to listen to her all that much longer.

SubtleKnife said...

It works both ways, darling, I remember the frustration of having my favourite artist performing here in Europe, mentioning the release of his latest album in a couple of days - because he forgot it actually wasn't out in Europe for another four-and-a-half months.

(Of course I didn't wait that long. The internet is your FRIEND.)

And with the exception of a few blockbusters, movies are released here six months later.

Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Thanks to KCRW, I am an American that discovered Duffy months before she was officially released her album stateside. Now she's knocked Madonna completely off the charts. Yippee! There was a funny post on Joe.My.God about her doing an instore event the Virgin Megastore in Manhattan, and the security guard thought it was Hillary Duff. Uh, no, Duffy is the one that actually has talent.