Sunday, 9 March 2008

puppies!

Dryske with her pups

As promised, here are the puppy pictures! They were exactly seven days old when these were taken this morning. Their eyes aren't open yet, their legs are little pink sausages and they look good enough to eat. They've already been named, roll over the pictures to see the names. The first one, Hertog Jan, is apparently named after a brand of beer...

Hertog JanHannes Dobbe

Hanne BarthaHanneke

HildeHester








Puppies this age aren't very active yet (they can't see much with their eyes closed) and love to cuddle up together:

cute little puppies

more cute puppies

And here are Mom and Dad. I'm not sure if this was before or after conception, although they do have a certain satisfied look about them:

Taeke and Dryske

5 comments:

more cowbell said...

ACK! You just overloaded my cute quota! Adorable babies...

Stash said...

I want one!

SubtleKnife said...

They are absolutely the best dogs to cuddle with. And when the puppies are bigger they'll be so solid you don't have to worry about playing rough games with them.

It's a strong breed too, you have to be really careful with tugging games, I try to make sure I have one of my parents' dogs on either side so they're pulling against each other and I'm really only holding the rope up.

My parents left with their two dogs tonight. I'll see them again in two weeks' time. Is it bad of me to miss the dogs more than the humans?

evilganome said...

I have gone into cute overload. I love puppies! (Imagine some middle aged queen squealing like a 12 year old girl.)

You are going to be so sorry when they do start running around eating your house though.

SubtleKnife said...

That's the beauty of having dogs rather than bitches: you generally get to visit the puppies, but somebody else gets to clean up their messes and it's somebody else's house they chew up.