Wednesday, 12 March 2008

food, glorious food

It will probably come as no surprise to you that I recently found I had taken quite a few food or food-related pictures. After seeing Stash getting lots of comments when he posts about food, I figured I might as well collect all of them and see what happens. Some of these have been posted before, others are new.

My first ever attempt at making sushi:

maki

Random content from my fridge (okay, not that random, I mentioned it to Stash and took a picture for him):

Holy (Smoked) Mackerel!

This carton was left on the train. With a name like that I wouldn't have drunk from it if it had been sealed:

hell no!

A couple of months ago I simply felt like baking, I baked cakes, pies, brownies. Here's a picture with plain hotel cake, brownies, cherry cream and cherries:

cake

This is just something I thought was funny on the bag I got with my bagel and cruesli yoghurt:

bag

don't get the shakes!

3 comments:

sageweb said...

I am totally hungry right now. Great pics by the way.

Stash said...

I don't get the joke about the name of the juice carton...

You live in the Netherlands, don't you? I think I've totally fallen in love with Dutch food.

Slavink and kaaspannenkoek are totally on my list of things to do one of these days.

SubtleKnife said...

Hell-y?

Kaaspannenkoeken are to die for. I like to get a good non-stick pan and fry the cheese first so it goes crispy. Doesn't need anything else, delicious.

Or you can melt some after you've tossed it. You could even do both!

And you can use the bacon for the slavinken in your pannenkoeken instead... ;)