Thursday, 31 January 2008

it's blowing up a storm today

So I'm glad I'm back home again.

I left the house at 6.15 AM and the weather was fine, but when I got back to my car again just after 11 AM, parked at a train station a bit further down the line (because it was too early for busses...), I could feel the wind had picked up, especially on the overpasses.

As lunch was approaching, I stopped off at the local shops and visited the butcher's and baker's. One hand full with groceries, I wanted to get back into my car when the door was suddenly caught by the wind and blown wide open. Fortunately it didn't have much speed when it hit the side of the car next to me, there was no scratch or anything, but trying to pull it back was murder!

First I had to hold on with one hand to make sure it didn't blow back open again, throwing the stuff I had in the other over my shoulder. Then I had to sit down and fold my leg inside without letting go of the door. With the wind blowing storm force straight into my door, that was quite a task. But when I got out the car at home I found my wallet perched on the center console and my bread and lunchmeat on the passenger seat, so I'm impressed with my toss even if nobody else is...

Now that I'm ensconced in my living room with the heat turned up it's quite cosy to hear the wind blowing up a storm outside.

4 comments:

Sunshine said...

storms are always cozy as long as you can stay inside

SubtleKnife said...

You're welcome to come cuddle up with me... ;-)

sageweb said...

ohhh did I walk in on something? I love cuddling during a storm, and here in california we had quite of them last week. I cuddled with my main man, Homer. Of course it would have been nice to have some soft skin to cuddle with. But a hairy four-legged mutt will have to do.

SubtleKnife said...

Sunshine is my best friend's boyfriend; I do so love to tease the gay boys...

But he's coming around a little, he will let me hug him without too much screaming for help. ;-)

Unfortunately, I don't even have a mutt to cuddle with, but I'll be fine. I'm watching me some more Rufus. Keep your eyes peeled for a new post.