Tuesday, 1 January 2008

back to school

(or work)

It feels like I've been off work for an eternity and not just 11 days. I've had some great parties and lovely quiet nights, got drunk and enriched my mind but now my nose is headed back to the grindstone. (Also the 'rents will be coming over tomorrow, they should be here when I get back from work, that could be fun...)

But K has an even bigger change ahead of him, he is starting a new job tomorrow. I know he'll be great, but I'm still a little nervous for him. Good luck, sweetheart!

3 comments:

Big Ass Belle said...

ugh. i can't get back into it. i haven't had 11 days off, but two weeks with 4 day weekends. i am slooooooow moving. sigh. why wasn't i born independently wealthy?

evilganome said...

I am dragging through a 3 day week and trying to get my ducks in a row, though it feels more like I am trying to herd cats!

Lynette's right, we just need to come up with a fool proof, get rich quick scheme.

SubtleKnife said...

Phew! that's it for the week. I'm so happy I have three days off now to get some rest. Three day weekends are rather nice. Somehow my mind is still set to two day weekends so usually I have very little left to do on the third day...

Plus my parents are leaving tonight. I love them to bits, but no matter how much I try to explain to them that it doesn't work like that for everybody, they can't seem to understand that some people don't leave work at the exact same time every day. My mom took care of the kids and my dad worked shifts. No matter if it was 2PM, 10PM or 6AM, ten minutes after his shift ended he'd be home. Every time.

At least now I can do things in my own time...