Thursday, 27 December 2007

all that glitters

This morning I went to see Edward, my hairdresser, to get some highlights, besides having my hair washed, cut and getting a head massage, of course. I frequently have trouble to stay awake during the latter, they're so relaxing. If you're ever in Amsterdam and feel like any of those things, stop by the Molsteeg.

My sister already remarked how blonde I look, and how that suits me...
(hint: she was not being nice)

Here's the result, front and top views:





Looking at the first picture it strikes me how the parting in my hair looks wrong. I'm used to seeing it on the other side! Perhaps I should flip it just so you can see what I see when I look in the mirror. It's funny how the flash brings out the highlights in the second one. They're not that pronounced in real life.

And yes, I look cold. It wasn't actually all that bad today, though. And yesterday I took a walk with K and Sunshine in just my sweater. (And that scarf I'm wearing in the picture.)

EDIT: Oops, completely forgot the second part of the post! When I got home this was waiting for me:



Not my actual card, obviously...

3 comments:

WUM said...

Ohh, your hair is beautiful...

Nice (heart of) glasses, too. :)

WUM

SubtleKnife said...

Thank you, that's exactly the response I was hoping for and more. (Love the Blondie reference!)

Big Ass Belle said...

damn! purdy hair!! i like those highlights a lot. and girl, you've got my glasses! how did that happen??

credit cards. ack! i just got a fresh one because it came with a free trip from SW airlines. i am a travel whore, willing to do anything to get to go somewhere.