Monday, 6 August 2007

recap

This is a quick recap, mostly in pictures, of several things I meant to post but never got/took the time to.

In no particular order:




  1. I was photographed at Gay Pride Amsterdam this Saturday by newspaper Het Parool. If you want to see all the pictures taken by the ladies with digital cameras they sent out (I didn't see any gentlemen), click here.





  2. Last week I noticed that the ladies' and gentlemen's bathrooms are really in the same room, separated only by a partition. Not that I'm particularly active on the feminist front, but wouldn't it be easier (not to mention make more sense) to just make them unisex?


  3. Somehow I changed the settings on my telephone without realising so that for a time I took low-quality pictures with it.





  4. Last Thursday I noticed these nifty "tree-holders" - to prevent young trees from toppling over before they've sufficiently taken root. They're a lot prettier than the rough wooden poles with a canvas strap that you see elsewhere.





  5. Eleven days after having had some blood drawn for tests, the bruise on the inside of my left elbow has finally faded. Here is a picture taken roughly 26 hours after it happened. And no, the phlebotomist didn't miss the vein or poke around or anything like that; the only thing I can think of is that it's because of the meds, which are counterindicated with drugs like warfarin after all...





  6. K has a nest of starlings in one of the planters hanging from his balcony (he has dubbed Mom Clarice, the babies are as yet unnamed). The parents are very liberated: Mom and Dad take turns feeding them - and it's a full-time job for both of them. There are three chicks now, although K tells me there were four to start with; I was a bit worried for the smallest of the three left, but I think it'll make it, it was not letting getting it's siblings get on top of it - literally. Mom and Dad are doing a good job of bringing in worms and bugs for their brood, they're growing so rapidly I swear every time I went over to sneak a peek they were bigger, had more feathers, were moving around more!





  7. I took a picture of K's splashback, because I know my parents are rather obsessed with Delft (blue) tiles like those. In fact I'm sure they have several of the same ones behind the fireplace of their cottage.

I think that's about it for now...

No comments: