Friday, 8 June 2007

I just got drafted

to help out setting up for the Democrats Abroad registration drive at the American Book Center in Amsterdam tomorrow. It went something like this:

"Hi darling."

"Hey sweetie!"

"I've had a hectic day. If you could come early tomorrow that would be a great help."

"Hmm... I'll have to set my alarm, what time are you starting?"

"10.30."

"Okay, I'll try to be there."

"I was hoping you'd be here tonight. I've had a hell of a day. I'm not used to driving cars that big."

"What kind of a car was it?"

"A Chrysler Enormica, or something. I met the guy and five minutes later he gave me his keys."

I also asked him to stop me from buying too many books. The ABC are having a Yard Sale: thousands of books for only 3.50 euros each! (Of which EUR 1 goes to good causes.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's how I am at book sales, they are like a drug for me, I can't get enough!

And yes, I am registered to vote, and always vote!

Love ya!

YM
XOXOXOXO

PS: I'm a Democratic (obviously)