So four weeks ago I went to a Unitarian Universalist meeting with K and I found it fascinating. This might be the only religion I might actually want to join. And who wouldn't want to be part of a religion that aims to "affirm and promote" these seven principles?
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.