Thursday, 31 May 2007

thunderstorm

A huge one is just passing by, I saw the inkblack cloud rolling in from the southeast, soon shrouding us in a strange kind of twilight. It's just the electrical storm, no rain or wind - yet, this is a very wet country so it may still happen...

I was just in the kitchen and was momentarily blinded by one of the flashes. I wasn't even looking outside, I was parallel to the window, maybe 6 feet away from it. But I have to say, lightning is extremely fascinating. I used to watch in awe through my window, or later when we moved from the balcony that I could access from my bedroom, late at night.

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces up, and snow is exhilarating; there is no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.

-- John Ruskin (1819-1900) --
English critic, essayist, & reformer

No comments: